This accessibility statement applies to Sealed Envelope’s online randomisation
and database applications. Sealed Envelope provide online software applications
for randomising and collecting data in clinical trials. We want as many people
as possible to be able to use our online software. For example, that means you
should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the online software using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the online software using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the online software using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of our online software are not fully accessible:
- the language used on the page has not been identified
- completion of some our pages are time sensitive and you will be automatically logged out of the system. This has been set-up in this manner so that our software complies with security requirements.
- some of our pages have contrast errors that can be difficult to read for users with low vision
- our software does not include skip links to navigate to the relevant section required
- some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
- some of the search functionality might not be accessible using a screen reader
- some of the tables on our pages are not accessible using a screen reader
Feedback and contact information
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website.
if you have an accessibility query including:
- issues with accessing information or using this website
- an accessibility problem not listed on this statement
- any positive feedback about this website's accessibility
If you contact us with a complaint and you are not happy with our response,
contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
We're committed to making this website accessible, in accordance with the accessibility regulations.
Our online software is partially compliant with the Web Content
Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances
The content that is not accessible is listed below together with an explanation
and reference to the relevant WCAG section.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Language on the page is not identified (Language of a page 3.1.1)
- Page refreshes automatically which can affect screen readers and keyboard users (Timing adjustable (Level A) 2.2.1) and (Pause, stop, hide (Level A) 2.2.2)
- Contrast errors that fall below the minimum contrast ratio (Contrast (Minimum) (Level AA) 1.4.3)
- No skip links at the top of the page for screen reader users (Bypass blocks 2.4.1)
- Software automatically logs out of system if session inactive (Timing adjustable (Level A) 2.2.1) and (Pause, stop, hide (Level A) 2.2.2)
- Contrast ratio issues noted due to font colour used (relates to the following WCAG Contrast ratios: 2.23:1, 4.14:1, 2.68:1, 2.06:1)
- Empty link on randomisation page (Link purpose (in Context) (Level A) 2.4.4)
- Complex data table format making the table inaccessible to screen readers (relates to the following WCAG guidelines: Info and relationships 1.3.1 (Level A), Meaningful sequence 1.3.2 (Level A), Keyboard 2.1.1, Focus order 2.4.3)
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We are working on the findings of our latest accessibility testing and are
aiming to resolve all issues listed under the Non-compliance section above
by March 2023. Or to update our statement accordingly with outstanding
issues by then.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared in October 2022. This website was last tested
in October 2022. The test was carried out by an external accessibility
quality assurance consultancy company –
Accessible design for the third Sector.
The company was given access to our randomisation demo software to test for
compliance to the WCAG guidelines.